Intros

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Shawna Owens

Hi! I’m Shawna and I’m in the US, living in Virginia. I’ve been stitching for about 3 years now. 🙂

Christie den Daas
    Participant

Hi! I’m Christie and I live in the Netherlands. Stitching has been a hobby for me for 17 years, ever since I taught myself at 12 years old. Though too often work gets in the way of my stitching time!

Jessica Limbrick
    Participant

I am Jessica, I also go by Dianthus and Tarixtavre. I have been stitching on and off for 21yrs now, I started in High School home economics when I was about 14, everything they taught me was wrong so i self taught from there, including having all the crosses facing same way… I have learnt alot from FB groups and all that, and im still learning

Lauri Gugulski
    Participant

My name is Lauri. I live in NYC and have been stitching close to 40yrs. I learned from my grandma and mom. Both have passed and I inherited their stashes, and my grandma’s love of collecting. Mom of 4 girls, so haven’t had a lot of time in the past, trying to make up for it now.

NATACHA BIRD
    Participant

Hi, my name is Natacha. I go by Tasha for short. My BFF taught me how to cross stitch back in the mid 90s. I started out with stamped XS and then branched into counted. I still do both. I live in MT and have two grown sons. I also do diamond painting, plastic canvas, sewing and make scrapbook cards. I don’t get a lot of time to craft, and when I do, I split that time between all the ones I do.

Hello, I’m Alicia. My grandmother taught me how to cross stitch when I was young. stopped it for a while and was reintroduced to it when I moved out at 18. haven’t been able to stop since. I live in Tennessee but I’m from Chicago suburbs. I absolutely love everything about this group and stitching. gladly accept hints tips and tricks and friends.

Jessica Baker
    Participant

Hi Everyone! I’m Jessica and I live with my bf and 5 dogs in Alberta, Canada. I’ve been stitching on and off for the last 20 or so years. I’m looking forward to being part of this group and learning some more tricks!

Jackie Attaway
    Participant

Hi. My name is Jackie and I have lived in Arizona all my life. I taught myself how to cross stitch. I have been stitching for over 30 years. Quit for a while because of carpal tunnel. I had surgery and was able to pick up the needle again. I find it very relaxing.

Tracy King
    Participant

Hey! I am Tracy. I am from Tennessee and love to cross stitch. My problem is finding time! I am a high school teacher for at-risk kids and have been doing this now for 19 years (whew!) Loving a place where we can talk about our favorite subject!!! I started stitching at my grandmother’s knee when I was 6 ( I am now 53). When she passed I inherited her stash. AM currently teaching my 10 year old granddaughter this great art and she loves it like I do.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by Tracy King.
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hiya, I’m April and currently am in Denver, CO. I’m a SAHM to homeschooled kiddos 8 and 11 yrs old. I take care of my mom too, plus the 2 dog and 2 cats, so we have a busy house. I love to crossstitch, but I need more time to do it. I also enjoy crafting in general and halloween decorations.

Hey I’m Jessica I’m living in Edmonton Alberta, I’ve been stitching for 10years and can’t believe I didn’t learn sooner. I’m a SAHM of 2 daughter’s aged 7&9 and a son who’s a 1 in a half. I have 2 fur babys chase and beemo their my stitching buddies 😊 on a side note I also love to read, do puzzles, and make things out of perler beads

Cathie Dowse
    Participant

Hello everyone, my name is Cathie and I live in Minneapolis Minnesota. I have been stitching since I was 10 yrs old which makes it more than 40 years. I am self taught but find that I am always learning new things about stitching. Time seems to be the great enemy for all of us and it is no different for me. I am really looking forward to sharing all around on my favorite subject of cross stitching.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello everyone, my name is Cheryl and I live on the beautiful west coast of Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada. I have been stitching for about 45 years. I stopped for a while due to tendinitis in my stitching arm but I am back at it now. I do lots of stitching related crafts from needle work to sewing, quilting, hooked rug basically anything that catches my eye. My mother was a seamstress and I started behind a sewing machine at a very young age – grew up pointing out a picture of a dress I wanted and was lucky enough that my mother could make it for me from a photo. I also love to read, listen to music and attend concerts, lacrosse and hockey games – I am a die hard Canucks fan. Watching a game on TV and stitching is a favorite pastime.

Hello Stitching Friends,

My Name is Jenny Culver (next year I will be Culver-Madsen). I live in Minnesota, USA. I have been stitching for almost 2 years now. Not only do I stitch, I also crochet, scrapbook, I make burlap wreaths, Hot Mess Canvas, baby onesies (iron on), cards and I make stuff with old pallet wood. I love trying new crafts. But usually that gets me hooked on way more then my craft room can fit. Might as well give me a whole house.
    I love to read, adult coloring as well, and a big fan of horror movies. My fav sports team is the Minnesota Wild (Hockey)

Jasmin Clear
    Participant

Hi I’m Jasmin I live in Victoria Australia I have been cross stitching since i learned in year 9 Textiles class. I have too many projects going at the moment and my goal for the new year is to finish one before i start the other 10 i want to do. I have 4 sporty kids and work as a nurse so my stitch time is limited, but i still love it all the same.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.